St Mary's Church
In the churchyard was mausoleum erected to the memory of J S W Sawbridge-Erle-Drax. This family owned Holnest Park and were the principal landowners in the parish. In the grounds of Holnest Park was a nine foot high statue of the above gentleman commemorated in the mausoleum. There does not appear to have been a post office and the children from here went to school at Longburton, Glanvilles Wootton or Hilfield. In 1891 the population was only 127 persons, and the total acreage was 2270 acres, most of which is laid to pasture. The land is partly within the limits of what used to be the ancient Forest of Blackmore.